GADA MUSICAL THEATER COMPANY
Singing, Acting & Dancing
GADA MUSICAL CO. is for kids who want to push their singing, acting AND dancing potential. Auditions are held in May. Students work on productions, mini-revues, and other material while performing many times throughout the season. Students are required to take a weekly musical theater class at a minimum, as well as attend Saturday rehearsals.
Auditions have already taken place for the 2017-18 season. If you are interested in this season’s company please email Sally Reyes directly.
2017-18 MUSICAL CO SCHEDULE
SATURDAY, DEC 16th
Company performs at 3 tea parties 9am, 10:30am, noon. Storytellers will be dropped off at 8:15am, and picked up at 1pm!
6th – NO REHEARSAL
13th – REHEARSAL (KAT OUT)
12-1pm Timoune, Mama, TonTon, Daniel
1-4pm FULL CO
JANUARY 15th HOTEL COSTS DUE (approx $200)
20th – REHEARSAL
12:30-1pm Erzulie, Papa Ge, Daniel, Timoune
1-4pm FULL Co
27th – REHEARSAL
12-4 FULL Co
FEB 2nd – master classes Times TBA
FEB 3rd – REHEARSAL/adjudication with guest critique artists
FEB 4th 10am-2pm (Parent meeting for all JTF 2pm)
10th – SACRAMENTO JUNIOR THEATER FESTIVAL WEEKEND!
17th – REHEARSAL1-4pm
24th – PRODUCTION WEEKEND!
FRIDAY, Feb 23rd tech rehearsal 4pm-8pm
SATURDAY Feb 24th 1pm show, 3pm, show, 5pm show
3th- REHEARSAL **
10th – NO REHEARSAL
17th – NO REHEARSAL
24th – REHEARSAL
31st – NO REHEARSAL
7th NO REHEARSAL
14th – REHEARSAL
21st – REHEARSAL
28th – CABARET PERFORMANCE weekend!
6th – rehearsal
May 12th – NO REHEARSAL
May 19th – tentative recital
JUNE 2nd – auditions for 2018-19 COMPANY
Interested in auditioning for GADA’s MUSICAL THEATER Company?!
The company was created to give musical theater students a chance to experience MORE!… more performances, more choreography, more styles, more singing, more acting, more responsibility, more commitment and more art. Next year’s opportunities include:
Next year’s opportunities include:
- SUMMER CLASSES (Musical Theater Dance – weekly class required through summer. Plus five private voice lessons)
- SUMMER MUSICAL THEATER INTENSIVE (JULY 17-19)
- SATURDAY REHEARSALS (classes/ rehearsals will begin August 26th for the year.)
- VOCAL SOLO concert opportunities for those interested/selected
- HOLIDAY REVUE
- GADA PRODUCTION
- MASTER CLASSES (Summer/Fall/Spring master class with touring casts and companies TBD.)
- JUNIOR THEATER FESTIVAL (Trip to Sacramento, CA – Feb 9-12 *OPTIONAL)
- SPRING CONCERT (Aiming for mid-April weekend – TBD)
- SPRING GADA RECITAL
Students will be accepted (or not) into the general company at May auditions. Students will then carry through summer class requirements, attend intensive, etc. A short holiday camp will be held in August to set the holiday revue pieces. Regular Saturday rehearsals begin AUG 26th.
Members are expected to attend all scheduled rehearsals. IF you must miss a rehearsal, dancers must notify sally ASAP in writing (paper or email is fine) and MORE than a week’s notice. MISSING MORE THAN 2 SATURDAYS each semester (sept-dec and Jan-April) is not allowed and will result in being taken out of some, if not all, scenes/numbers.
Dress rehearsals are mandatory (missed DRESS rehearsal which is the rehearsal before a performance = missed performance, no exceptions)
Students are expected to practice at home between rehearsals. Choreography should not have to be re-taught. If a student misses a rehearsal, it is their responsibility to get caught up with a fellow dancer BEFORE the next rehearsal takes place. We try to post youtube practice videos for the dancers to use to practice with.
For the company, expenses are rolled into one lump sum and then divide it into equal payments made June 2017-May 2018. It is estimated to cost $90 per month IN ADDITION to monthly tuition (all company members must take musical theater class each week).
- Summer classes both session – 2 classes in each session $71 +$71
- Summer vocal lessons $100
- Summer Intensive $150
- Saturday rehearsals (based on $25 each month) rehearsals $250
- Costume rental fee $50
- Production $395
- Total average estimated costs 2017-18 season = $90/month JUNE – MAY 2018
**NOT INCLUDED in above list, is the Sacramento, CA Festival Payments because attendance at this festival is OPTIONAL.
JUNIOR MUSICAL THEATER FESTIVAL
SACRAMENTO, CA in FEB. 2018
- JULY 15th – SACRAMENTO JTF fees due $225
- OCTOBER 15th – AIRFARE/TRANSPORTATION DUE $325 (est)
- JAN 15th – HOTEL COSTS DUE $$200 est (based on quad occupancy)
- More details to come…