2021 Spring Recital
Up-to-date Recital Information
GADA Spring Dance Recital – May 22nd, 2021
PLEASE NOTE - the date above is a tentative date for spring 2021. In regard to all COVID circumstances, spring recital plans will be decided and communicated as the season continues.
Being part of the recital performance builds self-esteem and self-confidence and gives students a chance to showcase the results of all of their hard work, dedication, and progress. Participation
at the end of the year dance recital is not mandatory; however, it is strongly encouraged and is considered
an important part of the overall dance experience.
Dance recitals will be held at the Hendrickson High Gerrell Moore Performing Arts Center
Recital SHOW Schedule
Recital Assignments May 22nd, 2021 *assuming we can perform shows as we have in years past
|RED RECITAL 9:30am||ORANGE RECITAL 12noon||GREEN RECITAL 2:30pm||BLUE RECITAL 5pm||PURPLE RECITAL 7:30pm|
|CM I MON 10:30am|
CM I MON 6:15pm
|CM I TUES 9:30am||CM I WED 10:30am||CM I THURS 5:15pm||CM I SAT 9am|
| CM II MON 9:30am|
CM II MON 5:15pm
|CM II TUES 10:15am|| CM II WED 9:30am|| CM II THURS 5:45pm|
CM II WED 4:45pm
|CM II SAT 10:45am|
|BT I MON 4:15pm||BT I TUES 5:15pm||BT I WED 4:30pm||BT I/II SAT 10:15am|
|BT I TUES 7-8pm|
|BT II MON 7pm||BT II TUES 4:15pm||BT II WED 6pm||BT II MON 3:45pm||BT I WED 3:45pm|
|BT II Wed 3:30pm|
|HH I TUES 3:30pm||HH I TUES 5pm||HH I TUES 7:15pm||HH I THURS 6:45pm|
HH I THURS 6:45pm
|HH I THURS 4:45pm|
|MT Jr MON 4pm||MT Jr MON 5:45pm|
|Level I BTJ- MON||Level I BTJ- TUES||Level I BTJ- WED||Level I BTJ- THURS||Level I/II BTJ- SAT|
|Level II BTJ- MON||Level II BTJ - TUES||Level II BTJ- WED||Level II BTJ- THURS|
|Level III BTJ- WED||Level III BTJ- THURS||Level III BTJ- SAT|
|Level A BTJ - THURS||Level 4 BTJ - THURS||Level B BTJ - THURS||Level C BTJ - THURS||Level 5 BTJ - THURS|
|Musical Theater 1||Musical Theater 2||Musical Theater 3||Musical Theater 4|
|HH II TUES 3:45pm||HH II TUES 6:15pm||HH II THURS 4pm||HH II THURS 7:30pm||HH II MON 4:45pm|
|Pointe Beg and Pointe C||Pointe D|
|Contemporary AB34||Contemporary CD5|
|HH III THURS 5:45pm||HH III WED 4pm||HH IV TUES 8pm||HH V THURS 8:30pm|
|DRILL Beg/Int THURS 8:15pm||Contemporary Beg/Int||DRILL Int/Adv THURS 7:30pm|
|Jazz Beg/Int THURS 8:15pm||Tap Beg/Int||Jazz INT WED 8:30pm|
|Ballet Beg/Int||Ballet INT|
Rehearsal schedule will be updated as we confirm recital details for 2021 later in the season.
[table “” not found /]
Things to Know
- There will be FIVE different performances: 9:30am, 12noon, 2:30pm, 5pm, and 7:30pm. Each performance will be under 90 minutes. Though we try to group siblings in the same show, we will not be able to honor this request for every family due to the large amount of families we serve – please be flexible and know that if you have more than one child, they may be dancing in different shows.
- Stage rehearsals will take place at Hendrickson High School on Wednesday, May 13th and Friday, May 15th.Stage rehearsals ARE MANDATORY as they allow students to get a feel for the space, lighting, etc. Missing stage rehearsals without prior approval, will result in NOT being able to perform in the show.
- Classes recital week: The last regular classes are on Monday, May 11th. Rehearsals on Wednesday and Friday, recital on Saturday.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE you know your assigned SHOW TIME and REHEARSAL TIME. We will not hold rehearsals or shows for late dancers. Parents are welcome to stay in audience during rehearsals. Costumes are NOT worn to rehearsals. Dance shoes are required.
- Recital tickets always go on sale the day we return from spring break through a reserved ticketing system. Families MUST purchase/reserve assigned seating in advance. EVERYONE ATTENDING MUST PURCHASE A TICKET. (There are no free tickets this year. n exchange everyone will receive access to digital recordings of the recital performances!) The first TWO WEEKS of ticketing, families will be limited to 4 tickets each – then we will open ticket sales to first come first serve until shows sell out.
- Anyone OVER the age of 2 MUST have a ticket to enter the performance. (2s and under MUST be lap children if they do not purchase a ticket.)
- We will have the show professionally videotaped. No technology devices are to be used during the show (no phones, no ipads, etc).
- Please remind guests no cell phones or texting during performances.
- Dancers stay backstage the entire recital. One parent escorts the dancer backstage 10-20 minutes before show time. Parents are given a wristband which must be worn to access backstage after the show. Dancers 6 and under are signed in and out with an assigned volunteer. All students are supervised during the show and through bows. After bows, backstage is opened up for wrist banded parents. No parents are allowed backstage during the recital performances.
- If you wish to participate in the end of year recital, you are COMMITTED to paying tuition through the end of the school year. If you do NOT wish to participate in the recital, you MUST notify the front office IN WRITING by December 1st to avoid paying costume fees.
- Should a dancer need to drop due to emergency situations (relocations, medical reasons, etc) a $75 costume fee will be owed for EACH costume ordered for the dancer.
- Should a child change classes after January 1st, a $50 class change fee will apply.
- Due to the recital process, attendance becomes very important during the spring. Due to this nature, no make-ups will be allowed beginning in February.
- Flowers and trophies will be sold IN ADVANCE through a company fundraiser in the GADA lobby that you can pick up for your child at the performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check the costume cheat sheet, given to you with your costume, for the following:
- LABEL EVERYTHING BROUGHT BACKSTAGE!
- Accessories your child needs to complete their costume – TIGHTS and
- Hair piece
- Shoe bows
- Any Miscellaneous items
- There will be hundreds of little pink and black shoes – label your stuff.
- The last regular classes are on Monday, May 14th.
- No classes on Tues-Wed
- Rehearsals on Thurs-Fri
- Recital on Saturday
- Wear underwear with costume…. don’t do it.
- Wear any jewelry, watches, rope bracelets, other than the required rhinestone earrings.
- Have any strings hanging from costume or on ballet slippers.
- NO FOOD or DRINK backstage
- Dancers need to be backstage 10min-30min ahead of showtime.
- Please bring dancers ready to go in costume, hair and make-up. Shoes can be changed backstage upon arrival.
- ONE parent should bring the dancer backstage. Dancers 6 and under will be signed in and out.
- General audience seating opens up 30 min ahead of showtime.
- Older dancers are provided changing rooms to make quick costume changes.
- Younger dancers will be allowed to have a parent come backstage during the show to help with costume changes. Please make sure your name has been added to the allowed parents backstage list during stage rehearsals.
- Ms. Sally will make sure all combo classes know which dance comes first at stage rehearsals.
- Show order sheets will also be posted in the GADA lobby in late April/early May.
- Parents are given 2 free recital tickets with their child’s showtime when costumes are handed out in March.
- Any additional guests or siblings (over the age of 2) will need a ticket.
- If your dancer is scheduled for more than one show, tickets will be needed for both shows.
- All female dancers are encouraged to wear make up for the stage — boys do not!
- Wear eye shadow from the plum, lavender, brown family. (Avoid blue or green)
- Lipstick should be a bright color from the red family.
- Blush should be a bit darker than street wear.
- Mascara and eye liner are option for little ones.
- Hair should be done in the style described on the costume cheat sheet (given with the costume)
- Kid-Proof hair buns (see video below)
- Slick hair back using a wet brush and hair spray.
- Apply more hair spray.
- Then comb with the wet brush.
- Pull hair back into a pony tail at the crown of her head. (Visualize a diagonal line from the child’s chin to the crown of her head)
- Braid hair or wrap hair into the bun shape.
- Your goal is a neat, (flat) bun.
- Secure bun with heavy hair pins and bobby pins. Cross or X the pins to anchor them.
- Most important is a hair net that you can find at CVS.
- Try to smooth out all whispies, bangs are fine.
- If your dancer is wearing a tiara, flowers or head piece on stage it must be secured with bobby pins so that it will not fall out, become a distraction or tripping/slipping hazard.
- Backstage volunteers need to arrive 45 min ahead of showtime
- House volunteers need to arrive 45 min ahead of showtime
- All volunteers report to the auditorium 45 min ahead of showtime. A faculty member will be at the house door with approved list and let you in. Assignments and directions will be given from there.
How to do Basic Stage Make-up
Recital Opt-out Notice
If you are not participating in the spring recital, please fill out the form below to opt-out.